Our Parent 博雅彩彩票网:
Changan, founded in 1862, is the pioneer of China博雅彩彩票网址's modern industry. It is affiliated to China博雅彩彩票网址 South Industries Group Corporation, among the first camp of Chinese automotive industry. It has existing assets 68 billion yuan, nearly 50,000 employees.
In 2010, Changan produced a total of 2.4 million vehicles. Changan's own domestic brand sales ranked first in China博雅彩彩票网址 and 13th in the world, with a brand value of 27 billion RMB Yuan, making Changan one of the most valuable brands in the Chinese automotive industry. Changan also have joint venture with Suzuki, Ford, Mazda, Volvo, and PSA Peugeot-Citroen.
Changan UK R&D Centre Limited (CAUK) is a UK company set up by Changan Automobile in June 2010 in Nottingham. CAUK is dedicated to Powertrain design and development for Changan's next generation vehicles. As of October 2015, CAUK relocated to Birmingham where it set up its UK long term base. With major engine and transmission projects on-going, CAUK has ambitious expansion plans of building our own test facility in Birmingham recruiting to an exciting range of R&D roles in the local area
- To design and develop high quality, high performance powertrains to support Changan’s global requirements
- To develop a technology road map and expertise for Changan Powertrain
- To create an environment and opportunities for staff development
- To become a World Class leading Powertrain R&D centre, a promoter and practitioner of green powertrain technologies
- Engine design and development
- Transmission design and development
- Powertrain integration, calibration and development
- Powetrain control system design and development for both conventional and hybrid powertrains
- Benchmarking and prototyping
Changan has a number of R&D centres around the world, including the Research Institute of Automotive Engineering in headquarters (Chongqing), Automobile Research Institute (Shanghai), Automobile Research Institute (Beijing), Changan Auto European Design Centre (Italy), Changan Auto Japan Design Centre (Japan), Changan UK Research & Development Centre (UK) and Changan USA Research & Development Centre (USA).
Three domestic R&D centres in China博雅彩彩票网址 and four overseas R&D centres help Changan to form a global R&D structure of ‘Five Countries (China博雅彩彩票网址, Italy, Japan, UK and USA) Seven Locations (Chongqing, Shanghai, Beijing, Turin, Yokohama, Birmingham and Detroit). They have different functions, as below:
- China博雅彩彩票网址 sites: Vehicle engineering for various applications
- Turin, Italy: Exterior styling
- Yokohama, Japan: Interior design
- Birmingham, UK: Advanced Powertrain design and development
- Detroit, USA: Chassis design and development and autonomous driving technologies
Based on prospective insight to the future and the profound understanding towards consumer demand, Changan has invested heavily in the research and development of new energy vehicles. Chongqing Changan New Energy Automobile 博雅彩彩票网 is set up by Changan and partners dedicated to the core technology development of hybrid vehicles, electric vehicles, fuel cell and other energy focused automotive technologies. Changan is the first Chinese OEM to produce HEV’s for volume production, and developed a hydrogen-powered concept sports car, named Qingcheng. These two factors represent Changan’s latest achievement of innovation in green automotive technologies.